President Obama offered several visionary ideas in his State of the Union speech last night.
Among the most notable ideas:
- Buffet Rule – a minimum 30% tax rate for individuals whose income exceeds $1 million. No tax increases for anyone earning less than $250,000.
- Education- More work-study jobs for low and middle-income students, require students to stay in school until 18th birthday, stop teaching to the “test.”
- Reform for social programs – Implement plan to save money on Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security
- Veterans job corps – Helps cities hire former military members
- Small Business – tax reliefs for those that create jobs
- Military – Cut budget by more than $500 billion