Spring is a season of renewal and refreshing and apparently the time to end your marriage. Some of our favorite celebrities are heading to SPILTSVILLE while the flowers blossom and the weather breaks.
Funny man Martin Lawrence ends 2 year marriage to Shamicka Lawrence, the pair was married in July 2010. They have two daughters and Martin is seeking joint custody. Now, I’m just wondering what caused this marriage to end so quickly?
After 7 years Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez have decided to finally get a divorce. JLo has been running
“We have decided to end our marriage,” the couple tells People in a joint statement. “This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters…It is a painful time for all involved, and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time.”
Dennis Rodman is finally divorced. It’s been a long journey on the road to making Michelle Rodman his ex-wife. The former NBA star battled the divorce for over 8 years before he gave up and called it quits. That’s some dedication.
50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.
Instead of cleaning out your garage this spring, why don’t you take the time and evaluate your marriage. The following list are the top reasons why many marriages don’t last. If you find yourself dealing with one of more of these issues on a constant basis it may be time to face the facts and try to repair your marriage…if YOU’RE willing.
- Lack of commitment – Is your spouse nonchalant about addressing your concerns? This should be a priority.
- Infidelity – If your wife is creeping find out the reason behind the frivolous behavior.
- Sexual incompatibility – Does sex with your husband make you cringe? Address your needs in the bedroom
- Inability to manage conflict - If your conflict resolution style differs from your spouse find a common ground.
- Mental Illness – Being mentally healthy is important for interpersonal relationships, make sure your relationship is covered.
- Lifestyle differences – Is your wife’s need to keep up with the Jones’ breaking your pockets? Brother, it’s time to put your foot down.
- Religion - Does it bother you that your husband won’t attend church with you? How long are you willing to overlook it?
- Unmet expectations – Are y’all always having arguments over household duties? Discuss options.
- Communication style – If you husband retreats into a shell while dealing with his emotions, find a compromise.
- Children – Are you going to resent your mate in your golden years because you did not have children. Make sure you’re making that decision for the right reason.